There was something magical about the ropeway. A continuous stream of buckets gliding across the landscape, sliding against those imperial towers, over rugged hills, atop deep gullies, above sheep grazing in paddocks or a plough turning the soil.
In 1934 Lue had a pub, school, railway station, baker, butcher, one church, another store and fewer than twenty scattered houses.
AussieLegend wrote the information and he was quite sure he was right. After all, he gave a trustworthy source - The Companion to Tasmanian History, produced by the University of Tasmania.
Kandos. A name to celebrate a new town, a new industry and hopefully a champion racehorse.
On that day young bloods, sons of pastoralists mainly, rode in to Rylstone on their horses, were inspected, learnt the conditions of the regiment and were sworn in at the courthouse.